We are a Christian congregation in the Reformed theological tradition. The denomination we are a part of is the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Our understanding of God, Scripture, the Church, and the Christian Life are best summarized in the Westminster Confession of Faith as well as the Shorter and Larger Catechisms.
In continuity with historic Christianity, we also affirm the historic creeds of the Christian Church: the Apostles Creed (2nd Century), the Nicene Creed (381 AD), the Chalcedonian Creed (451 AD), and the Athanasian Creed (5th Century).
We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are God’s inspired, infallible, and inerrant words. In our worship, teaching, prayer, discipleship and preaching we seek to be instructed and guided by these Scriptures.
We affirm the five “solas” of the Protestant Reformation:
• Sola Scriptura: The Bible is the sole written divine revelation of God and it alone can bind the consciences of believers absolutely.
• Sola Fide: Justification takes place by faith alone. The merit of Christ, imputed to us by faith is the sole ground of our acceptance by God, by which our sins are remitted and imputed to Christ.
• Sola Christus: Christ is the only mediator between God and sinful man, through whose work we are redeemed.
• Sola Gratia: Our salvation rests solely on the work of God’s grace.
• Soli Deo Gloria: The glory of salvation and all of creation belongs only to God.
If you are interested in visiting, please read this letter from our Pastor. You can get an idea of what to expect from your first visit by visiting this page. If you would like directions, you can get help with that here.